BMKLLP Immigration Attorney Profiles
Clem G. Turner
Born in Queens, New York, Clem G. Turner has over two decades of experience in business, corporate and securities law. Mr. Turner received his B.A. from Princeton University in 1991 and his J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center in 1996, where he served as Executive Editor of the American Criminal Law Review. Mr. Turner was admitted to practice in New York in 1997 and in California in 2009.
Mr. Turner has significant experience in immigration investment, early stage and venture capital finance, securities law, general business and corporate counseling. Mr. Turner began his legal practice at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP and Brobeck, Phleger & Harrision LLP specializing in Corporate Finance, Mergers & Acquisitions and Business & Technology. Since then has represented clients in a wide range of industries, such as financial services, information services, real estate, manufacturing, healthcare, new media, software development, e-commerce and entertainment. Within the entertainment industry, Mr. Turner has represented numerous film and television production companies, post-production companies, producers, writers and diverse creators of content. In 2010, Mr. Turner began practicing in immigrant investor securities offerings in connection with the EB-5 Program.
Mr. Turner has been selected multiple times as one of the “Top 25 EB-5 Attorneys” by EB-5 Investors magazine. He has been interviewed about the EB-5 program by various media sources, including NPR’s Marketplace. Mr. Turner has published several articles related to EB-5 and routinely lectures at EB5 events and conferences throughout the U.S. and overseas. Clem is a respected member of the EB-5 trade association, “Invest in the USA” (IIUSA), and currently serves on its Public Policy Committee and Chairs its Securities Law Sub-Committee.
Contact Clem Turner: cturner@BMKLLP.com
Honors & Distinctions
- “Top 25 Attorneys” EB-5 Investors Magazine
- Invest in the USA (IIUSA), Public Policy Committee, 2014 – present
- Invest in the USA (IIUSA), Public Policy Committee; Securities Law Sub-Committee, Chairman 2016 – present
- Princeton Alumni Association of New York City; Board of Governors, 2010 – 2016
- “Securities Compliance under the Newly Proposed EB-5 Legislation” EB-5 Supermarket Quarterly Magazine, Fall 2016
- “The Regulation S Exemption: Maintaining Compliance with the ‘Offshore Exemption’ in EB-5 Transactions” AILA Guidebook for Immigration Investors & Entrepreneurs
- “Jump Starting Jobs: What the JOBS ACT Means for EB-5 Capital Raises” AILA Voice Magazine May/June 2012, Volume 3, Issue 3